Monday, June 30, 2008

You gotta Love Camping


Ok, So we go Camping alot.


Many nights spent around the campfire, sleeping on the ground, having dirt under your fingernails, hair hidding under a hat.


No Big Deal, RIGHT?


Well The last 3 years or so we have been spoiled.

We have a motorhome, Bathroom, Kitchen with Fridge/Freezer, two queen size beds, Air conditioning, get out of the rain and play cards kind of Motorhome.

But, with gas prices as they are. We decided to go back to camping the old fashion way.


With a tent, a cooler and wild animals at your door. Or in th cooler in our case. Pesky raccoons.



It was great, I am glad we did it.

It made me appreciate what I have so much.



We went to the Ocean at our usual spot. We drove up the coast and did some exploring.


We saw lots of wild life this time, Deer, Bear, Beaver, Otter and tons of other creatures at the beach.
This little guy came running through our camp and got snagged up in our mosquito hut. Thank goodness we had a little sewing kit with us, to fix the hole in it.





Brad and I on the Beach.









There was a big chain saw carving /sand castle building carnival going on in Ocean shores. The boys loved it. Anything with tools and getting dirty makes them smile.







This was the topper of the weekend. We always play cards with Brads parents. The Game? May I. I never win, not even close. This time I not only Won. I went out and got all of them with all their cards in thier hands.. VICTORY...



So!! GO!! Get outside.. Get Dirty.. HAVE FUN...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the smiles on the faces. That's what camping will do to you...make you smile or cry! Looks like fun.

Charity Watts said...

Camping is AWESOME! I've been whinning to Andy because I wanted to go camping on the 4th...he hasn't given in (yet...) The kids (Andy, too) love all the fireworks, I can take'em or leave'em. Happy early 4th!!

Amber Strehle said...

Looks like a blast!! I can't wait to see you all..we need to have a fire at your place!!;)

Amber Strehle said...

waiting..