Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Giving Lessons



We are going through Dave Ramsey's FPU right now.
All I can say is Wow....I have learned a couple of things.

#1 We have never Tithed. Apparently, we always Tipped God.. Only giving what was left after the bills were paid.

Well the other night at 2am I was up praying, and God let me have it.
Hard Core, Loud and In my face...
"Don't go against me on this one"

I brought this up at FPU in our group. Then one of the people said to me!
"Your wallet is always the last thing you give to GOD..

I was so at peace with that statement.. So when I got the taxes I made sure that I gave the correct amount before I payed the bills.

#2 I can and will overcome all obstacles with the help of my Savior.
I am so thankful for this lesson.

4 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

I am learning so much too. It is humbling to see all the mistakes Bill and I have made and know that God is bigger and still loves us and is helping us through it. You and Brad are an inspiration to us.

Amber Strehle said...

Oh Dave..that man sure knows how to hit ya right between the eyes:)
You go girl with your gazelle like intensity:)

Charity Watts said...

One year, back before #4 was born we still lived in CA. We were being obediant to that tithe thing...it was HARD, it was Christmas, we had NO $$$ for the kids that year. I was crying and praying at our church. I did however share w/ my ladies bible study group that we were being faithful to the Lord in our finances (earlier in that week). When I made it home, there was my Pastor's wife waiting for me. She had a Christmas tree, with an unmarked envelope ($400 inside) She said it was sitting at the church with The Watts Family name on it, she didn't know who left it. When you don't know WHERE the $$$ is going to come from or how it's going to come God is always there. He has ALWAYS been faithful to us...even when Andy and I haven't been so faithful to him. It's so great doing FPU w/ all of you guys...going through it all together :)

Amy said...

I love it! I'm encouraged to see what God is doing in you, Wendy! :)